Workshop on Internet and BigData Finance (WIBF)
City University of Hong Kong
June 7, 2014
In a 2013 study, IBM found that 71 percent of the banking and financial firms report that the use of big data and Internet analytics is creating a competitive advantage for their organizations, a 97 percent increase in just two years. Big data and Internet analytics are especially promising and differentiating for financial service companies as data is one of arguably their most important assets in financial services. The question for many of the financial firms is how to harvest and leverage big data and Internet analytics to gain a competitive advantage. This workshop provides a forum on research and applications of Internet finance enabled by big data. We solicit research and industrial papers that present fresh innovative ideas and insights in new applications and frameworks transforming the way financial services are offered in the Internet age.
Since 2013, many new ventures have been launched such as Alibaba's Yuebao, Tencent's WeChat payment, and a joint venture by the three Ma's on Internet Insurance. This workshop will foster collaboration between academia and practices. For this purpose, this work will organize a couple of panels on active topics in Internet Finance such as "Internet-enable Innovations in Financial Services".
Detailed information for this workshop can be found in the Call for Papers.
Selected papers from the Workshop will be recommended to Big Data Research, Financial Innovation and China Finance Review for special issue or fast-track review.
Virtual Conference Attendance available in WIBF
1) People, who want to submit a paper but will not be able to be present at the workshop physically due to various reasons, can submit papers for review with virtual attendance specified explicitly in the title page of submission.
2) These authors must submit a PPT and a presentation video (limited to 10 MB with required video formats) that will be posted at the workshop website.
3) The authors need to answer questions on the workshop discussion space linked to each paper one week before, during, and one week after the workshop.
4) Authors of virtual attendance will be given 50% discount of conference fees.
5) Papers from virtual attendees will be included in the workshop proceedings one week after the workshop and may be qualified for selection for fast track to special issues
Apr 15, 2014 Apr 22, 2014
Notification of Acceptance:May 5, 2014
Final Version Due: May 17, 2014